UMPlayer is a simple, lightweight and extremely fast media player for Windows. While it is also supported on multiple operating systems, we only tested it on Windows.
- So here’s how you can download MX Player for PC, Windows 7, 10, or 11. Download the Bluestacks 5 emulator and install the.exe file on your computer. Install the application and use MX Player. If you own a high-resolution display then your content consumption experience will definitely improvise with MX Player.
- Download UMPlayer for free. UMPlayer is a cross-platform multimedia player supporting many audio and video codecs and file formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It boasts many advanced features such as built-in subtitle search and YouTube player.
UMPlayer, short for Universal Media Player, is exactly as it sounds. It supports playback of both local media such as audio and video and can also connect to Internet streams and playback online radio stations, online videos and also supports the playback of online television. Unfortunately, you're going to have to already know which content you're interested in because this player doesn't come with any presets.
Day by day, we find more and more FLV videos over internet due to the high quality enclosed in a small file, so webmasters use them because you save time when downloading them. That’s the reason why FLV Player is a must have for any internet user, because it lets you play those FLV files you find when surfing. Below are the detailed steps on how to download JW player videos. Open the website where the JW player video is located. Right-click on this webpage and choose the Inspect Element (or Inspect) option. Then go to Network Media. Press the F5 key to refresh the webpage and play the video. FLV-Media Player. FLV-Media Player is a software that allows you to play FLV video files. License: Free OS: Windows XP Windows 2000 Windows 8 Windows 10.
The GUI of UMPlayer is pretty basic which means it doesn't eat a lot of memory trying to be pretty. The interface includes a search engine script to find and playback online services like YouTube and Shoutcast.
The GUI doesn't even have to remain static. As UMPlayer supports skinning, you're completely free to have the program looking personalized to your own tastes. Installation of skins is easy.
The list of formats that the UMPlayer media player can playback is long and extensive; it currently supports over 200 audio and video file formats and does so with a very small footprint.
The program is based on the open source MPlayer, so the playback of media with UMPlayer is sure to be pretty stable and without issue.
Sadly, it appears that development of UMPlayer has ceased, so we're keeping a copy of it on our servers. This is the portable version that may be executed from anywhere.
Features and highlights
- Audio delay adjustment
- Configurable subtitles
- Localization (35 different translations)
- Remember media position
- Remember media settings
- SHOUTcast search
- Skinnable interface
UMPlayer 0.98.2 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from media players without restrictions. UMPlayer 0.98.2 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows. As an open source project, you are free to view the source code and distribute this software application freely.Filed under:
- UMPlayer Download
- Freeware Media Players
- Open source and GPL software
- Multimedia Playing Software
- Thank you very much for the program distributed under a free open license!
- simply great player but with old mplayer engine im recomend use MPlayer-generic-r37905+g1f5630a (latest sherpya build) also Download mplayer-svn-37955 by redixii and MPlayerMEncoder-SB65 by SubJunk mplayer version used in umplayer its just ancient sadly it need be compiled by own change engine cause freeze of player thats all
- It was such a great program, but their site / download has been down for a few weeks. I assume it is not longer distributed. But, it was great while it lasted. Sorry to see it go.
- It is an excellent player but it could be improved more if we could use the record button when watching TV, it works only with You Tube videos but not with streams from my TV. Streams are very good and fast.
- Excellent overall, much better than the many others I've tried. Two requests please: I'd like to be able to choose several files from once from within UMPlayer (currently, the user can only choose either one file or one directory). Also, I'd like to see more information in the playlist, and most importantly a way to sort the playlist. For example, if you Enqueue a list of files sorted by title from Windows Explorer , they drop into UMPlayer in an seemingly arbitrary way, sometimes missing parts of the title, that I can't figure out. Songs are totally out of order, which blows the experience. Key tags like track number, title, length should be sortable within the playlist, and default to that sort when new files are added. It seems like Enqueue is broken because Open / Directory displays files properly in the playlist (but still not sortable). Update 02/21/14: Noticed Windows Explorer / Open has the same problem. If I select 10 songs to play in Explorer, then Open, only one song is loaded, not the first or last, but some track in the middle of the list. Basically useless. There's actually no way to get open a list of songs in logical order without using Open Directory. So, all the problems stem from Enqueuing and Opening files, then sorting them once in a playlist. PLEASE fix these issues so only good news gets out about UMPlayer. Thanks!