A text file containing over 466k English words.
While searching for a list of english words (for an auto-complete tutorial)I found: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2213607/how-to-get-english-language-word-database which refers to http://www.infochimps.com/datasets/word-list-350000-simple-english-words-excel-readable (archived).
No idea why infochimps put the word list inside an excel (.xls) file.
- The concise Oxford dictionary of current English. OCR SEARCH TEXT download. Download 1 file.
- Wordsdictionary.json contains all the words from wordsalpha.txt as json format. If you are using Python, you can easily load this file and use it as a dictionary for faster performance. All the words are assigned with 1 in the dictionary. See readenglishdictionary.py for example usage.
- This answer is useful. This answer is not useful. Show activity on this post. In official use from 1 July 2019: Collins Scrabble Words (2019).txt (279,496 words, 3MB). Collins Scrabble Words (2019) with definitions.txt (279,496 words, 17MB).
I pulled out the words into a simple new-line-delimited text file.Which is more useful when building apps or importing into databases etc.
Copyright still belongs to them.
File Size:727 Kb. Runs on: Windows All. Fast Text File Viewer v.1.00. Fast Text File Viewer is an easy to use and powerful software application that allows you to view and edit text files. You can edit any text files in ascii mode or hex mode with it. And it has various functions to manage your files.
Dictionary Txt Download
Files you may be interested in:
English Dictionary Text File Download
- words.txt contains all words.
- words_alpha.txt contains only [[:alpha:]] words (words that only have letters, no numbers or symbols). If you want a quick solution choose this.
- words_dictionary.json contains all the words from words_alpha.txt as json format.If you are using Python, you can easily load this file and use it as a dictionary for faster performance. All the words are assigned with 1 in the dictionary.See read_english_dictionary.py for example usage.