…they could potentially save your life!
Just after Christmas a Wisconsin couple would have perished in a house fire, were it not for their pet chicken. (Spoiler alert: not to worry, the bird lived too.) The attached link lays it all out – in vivid! sensational! detail! Which is what you can expect from the UK’s Daily Mail, where this link is from. With so many worldwide headlines, it was the cluck heard ’round the world! (sorry).
But the Mail’s headline is particularly fine: “Fearless chicken (ya gotta love it) ‘rescues’ couple’s burning home?” More like, “Chicken freaked out and therefore alerted humans.”
Still, way to go, Cluck Cluck. We salute you. You’re a credit to your breed!